It seems this the time of the year everyone is focused on self improvement, and I don't hold myself exempt from that. I look forward to making positive changes in my lifestyle and learning how to quit unhelpful behaviors; such as buying clothing I do not need.
These are my 2016 fashion resolutions:
- Buy clothes that fit! It seems silly, but I can't tell you how many "well, it looks okay if I tuck this part in and belt it" kind of pieces I have in my wardrobe. Being extra petite makes finding clothes that fit me a little bit trickier than average, but I know it can be done and this year I intend to do it.
- Take care of the clothes I have by following washing instructions precisely and maybe even finding a guide on what all of those little tag symbols mean.
- Ditching synthetics! With the exception of a few favorite velvet pieces, I want to purge my wardrobe of synthetic fabrics that make me sweat, smell, and don't feel amazing on the skin the way a cashmere or linen does.
- Shopping locally as often as possible, regardless of how easy it is to tap on my phone screen a few times, wait 5-8 business days, and open a box of cheaply made garbage on my doorstep. Considering how many cute locally owned boutiques there are in this little community, it doesn't feel right not supporting them as often as I can.
- Wearing the special thing I want to wear whenever I want to. If I feel like sporting a rabbit fur coat over a slip dress just to go grocery shopping, I'm going to do it. If I feel like I could really use some spiritual support and want to layer every crystal necklace I can fit around my neck, I'm going to rock it with the confidence of a runway model. It's 2016! Wear whatever you want to wear!